Membership & Benefits
Strongly rooted in the college's commitment to enrich mind, body, and spirit, Friends of the Arts is dedicated to arts education and increasing visibility and support of the arts at Davidson College.
The generosity of Friends of the Arts members supports artists-in-residence, provides student music scholarships, and brings outstanding figures in music, theatre, and the visual arts to the campus for performances and exhibits.
Friends of the Arts also supports outreach programs, taking cultural arts events into local schools, and providing theatre and music programs in our community.
We are a part of The Fund for Davidson, and your gift counts toward alumni participation.
Benefits of Membership
Our members are uniquely positioned to experience the arts and stay informed about cultural events in the area. Membership includes:
- Invitation to events created specifically for our members. View member cultural opportunities from previous years.
- Ticket priority - Members have priority for tickets to popular arts events at Davidson College
- Updates on the latest cultural events at the college and in the community
- Subscription to Friends of the Arts monthly eNews.
- Advance notifications of special cultural opportunities.
- Special volunteer opportunities
- Personal service on questions about membership, arts events, and other benefits
How to Join
Membership is available at various levels of commitment, with exciting benefits at each level. All membership fees and contributions are tax-deductible as allowed by law. To become a member, simply complete our secure online membership form. We accept credit cards or you may pay by check made payable to Davidson College Friends of the Arts and mail to:
Friends of the Arts
Davidson, NC 28035
For more information, please email Sherry Nelson, director of Davidson Arts and Creative Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704-894-2101.
Many employers will match employee gifts to nonprofit or charitable organizations essentially doubling the impact of your gift.