DebbieLee Landi College Archivist and Records Management Coordinator
A Typical Day at the Library
My career as a Special Collections Librarian and Archivist has provided rich and diverse institutional settings, an introduction to donors from around the world, plus curatorial and management experience. Much of the allure of these two disciplines is exploring and learning about the records and history of Davidson College, manuscripts, photographs, maps, and other graphic works; audio-visual material in all formats; born-digital and digitized media; art objects, three-dimensional objects, ephemera and printed books. It is a fascinating world with limitless possibilities and the most rewarding aspect for me is sharing these materials with members of the Davidson College community and watching them engage, learn and create.
Areas of Interest
- American Studies (19th century)
- Archival History, Theory, Methods, Organization, Instruction and Ethics
- Museology and Exhibitions
- Rare Books
- M.L.I.S. University of British Columbia
- M.A. University of Mississippi (History)
- Litigation Specialist Paralegal Studies, National Center for Paralegal Studies in Atlanta, Ga.
- B.A. Rutgers University (History)