In addition to the wide array of employee wellness classes we offer at set times, employees can work independently, with access to campus gyms, facilities and equipment for health and fitness.
Nisbet and Chidsey Fitness Centers
Both fitness centers are currently open. Chidsey Fitness Center is only open to students living on campus. Nisbet (Union Fitness Center) is open to faculty, staff and students.
Baker Sports Complex
The Baker Sports Complex, completed in 1989, houses all of Davidson's indoor athletic facilities.
- Fitness room, racquetball and squash courts, basketball/volleyball courts, multipurpose studio will be closed till further notice. Lap swim will be available in the afternoons as soon as lifeguard positions can be filled. Lap swim will have a participant limitation.
- Indoor tennis courts will be available for play when not being used by scholar athletes.
- All staff, students and faculty will be required to show their CatCard and "green status" on symptom tracker at the front desk to gain entry to the Sports Complex. The symptom app must have a green dot and the day’s date.
- The general locker rooms will not be available until further notice.
- Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday, 1 - 6 p.m.
Lap Swim Hours
Temporary Hours (January 2022)
- Jan. 18-21, 12 p.m. - 2 p.m.
- Jan. 24-28, 12 p.m. - 2 p.m.
Academic Year (effective beginning January 31, 2022)
- Monday-Friday, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Monday-Thursday, 7:45 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Sunday, 1 - 5 p.m.
- Monday-Friday, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Subject to change, check back regularly for up-to-date swim hours.
Tennis Courts (Knobloch Tennis Center)
The Knobloch Tennis Center will be available and open during Baker Sports Complex operating hours and when not being used by scholar-athletes. To gain access to the Tennis Center you must enter through the front desk of Baker and present your CatCard and "green" status on your symptom tracker.
Irwin Belk Track
This 400-meter, eight-lane track is built to international standards and is located in Richardson Stadium.
The track and stadium are temporarily closed to the public. The track is open to employees and students via CatCard access (at gate by the ticket booth closest to the Union).
Located seven miles from campus, the lake campus has 110 acres of waterfront property, perfect for water activities and other recreation.