We recognize that attracting and retaining outstanding faculty and staff is critical to maintaining our academic standard of excellence. That is why we offer competitive benefits for our employees.
Benefits Through SmartBen
We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides a wide range of coverage. For detailed information about the benefits available to you, and how to enroll, view our Benefits Guide below.
The Benefits-at-a-Glance documents below provide a more top-line summary. For additional information about each individual benefit and associated coverage, review the relevant webpages.
- 2019 Davidson Healthcare Plan Comparison (PDF)
- 2019 Summary Plan Description - Choice Plus PPO Plan (PDF)
- 2019 United Healthcare Summary of Benefits and Coverage - HSA Choice Plus Plan (PDF)
- 2019 United Healthcare Summary of Benefits and Coverage - Choice Plus PPO Plan (PDF)
- 2019 HDHP FAQ's (PDF)
- 2019 Cobra Rates (PDF)
- 2019 MetLife Dental Benefits (PDF)
- 2019 Vision Benefits (PDF)
Prescription Benefits Summary
Frequently Asked Questions
- 2019 Enrollment FAQs (PDF)
The following accompany college employee benefits.
- Premium Assistance Under Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) (PDF)
- 2019 Required Health Coverage Notices (PDF)
- 2019 Summary Annual Report for Davidson College Health, Life, Dental, Vision and LTD (PDF)
- 2019 Summary Annual Report for Davidson College Health Benefits Program (PDF)
Workers' compensation benefits are available to any employee who suffers disability through accident or occupational disease arising out of, and in the course of, his or her employment.
Employees hired before Oct. 1, 2016, who are age 60 or older and have at least 10 years of continuous full-time service, may retire with eligibility to participate in retiree medical coverage.
Special Enrollment Period
Some qualifying life events trigger a special enrollment period that lets you get or change your health coverage outside of open enrollment.
Domestic Partner Benefits
The college offers all of its regular, full-time employees domestic partner benefits under various benefit programs in accordance with the terms and conditions of such plans.
The Travel Assistance benefit is designed to provide medical help to employees who are traveling internationally or domestically.
Health Insurance Subsidy
Employees with an annual household income below $45,000 may qualify for a subsidy on their health insurance. Eligible employees must complete the adjusted health insurance premiums application (DOC) and submit it to Human Resources on an annual basis. The health subsidy form needs to be submitted by December 1, to be effective January 1.
The Fine Print
In the event of any conflict between the information presented in this site and the provisions of any legal plan document, the plan provisions as stated in the legal plan document will prevail.