United Healthcare Plans
United Healthcare Choice Plus PPO
United Healthcare HSA Choice Plus (High Deductible)
Health Insurance Subsidy
Employees with an annual household income below $45,000 may qualify for a subsidy on their health insurance. Eligible employees must complete the adjusted health insurance premiums application and submit it to Human Resources on an annual basis. The health subsidy form needs to be submitted by December 1, to be effective January 1.
Accident and/or Hospital Indemnity
- Virtual Visits Through United Healthcare- Employees who participate in a United Healthcare plan through Davidson College are eligible for virtual (telehealth and telemental) appointments.
- Benefit Advocates- The Davidson College Benefits Advocates helpline serves as our guide for navigating the healthcare system and claims issues.
- Employee Assistance Programs- Davidson offers Employee Assistance Programs including Benefit Advocates, Health Advocates, financial management and work/life balance resources.
- Care@Work- Through Davidson's partnership with care.com, you get unlimited access to the world’s largest network of caregivers including nannies, tutors, senior caregivers, pet sitters and more.
- Tobacco Cessation Program- Davidson College offers this Cessation Programs to help employees achieve freedom from tobacco.
- Cancer Insurance- The voluntary cancer insurance benefit helps employees with the indirect costs associated with a cancer diagnosis.
- Identity Theft Protection- Employees can elect InfoArmor insurance to take advantage of a comprehensive identity protection plan.
- Workers' Compensation- Workers' compensation benefits are available to any employee who suffers disability through accident or occupational disease arising out of, and in the course of, his or her employment.
- Domestic Partner Benefits- The college offers all of its regular, full-time employees domestic partner benefits under various benefit programs in accordance with the terms and conditions of such plans.
- Travel Benefit- The Travel Assistance benefit is designed to provide medical help to employees who are traveling internationally or domestically.
- Retiree Medical- Employees hired before Oct. 1, 2016, who are age 60 or older and have at least 10 years of continuous full-time service, may retire with eligibility to participate in retiree medical coverage.
The Fine Print
In the event of any conflict between the information presented in this site and the provisions of any legal plan document, the plan provisions as stated in the legal plan document will prevail.