United Healthcare Plans
United Healthcare Choice Plus PPO
United Healthcare HSA Choice Plus (High Deductible)
Health Insurance Subsidy
Employees with an annual household income below $45,000 may qualify for a subsidy on their health insurance. Eligible employees must complete the adjusted health insurance premiums application and submit it to Human Resources on an annual basis. The health subsidy form needs to be submitted by December 1, to be effective January 1.
Accident and/or Hospital Indemnity
- Benefit Advocates- The Davidson College Benefits Advocates helpline serves as our guide for navigating the healthcare system and claims issues.
- Cancer Insurance- The voluntary cancer insurance benefit helps employees with the indirect costs associated with a cancer diagnosis.
- Care@Work- Through Davidson's partnership with care.com, you get unlimited access to the world’s largest network of caregivers including nannies, tutors, senior caregivers, pet sitters and more.
- Domestic Partner Benefits- The college offers all of its regular, full-time employees domestic partner benefits under various benefit programs in accordance with the terms and conditions of such plans.
- Employee Assistance Programs- Davidson offers Employee Assistance Programs including, Health Advocates, financial management and work/life balance resources.
- Genworth Long Term Care - As a benefits eligible Davidson College employee, you have access to this long term care coverage at competitive group rates. Coverage under this program is portable, so it can move with you if you change jobs, retire or leave Davidson.
- Identity Protection- Employees can elect Allstate insurance to take advantage of a comprehensive identity protection plan.
- Retiree Medical- Employees hired before Oct. 1, 2016, who are age 60 or older and have at least 10 years of continuous full-time service, may retire with eligibility to participate in retiree medical coverage.
- Staff Emergency Medical Fund - Staff employees whose annual pay from the college is $50,000 or less per year can request up to $500 in assistance from the Endowed Staff Medical Emergency Fund to meet a personal medical need, which they have no HSA, FSA, or HRA funds to cover. Medical expense reimbursements will be on a first‐come / first‐serve basis until the funds are exhausted.
- Donor Emergency Fund Payroll Deduction - If you would like to donate to the fund, through a one-time donation or recurring payroll deductions, refer to instructions on how to donate to this fund. Thank you for your generosity.
- Tobacco Cessation Program- Davidson College offers this Cessation Programs to help employees achieve freedom from tobacco.
- Travel Benefit- The Travel Assistance benefit is designed to provide medical help to employees who are traveling internationally or domestically.
- Virtual Visits Through United Healthcare- Employees who participate in a United Healthcare plan through Davidson College are eligible for virtual (telehealth and telemental) appointments.
- Workers' Compensation- Workers' Compensation benefits are available to any employee who suffers disability through accident or occupational disease arising out of, and in the course of, his or her employment.
The Fine Print
In the event of any conflict between the information presented in this site and the provisions of any legal plan document, the plan provisions as stated in the legal plan document will prevail.