Goethe Institute Testing
Davidson College is an authorized testing center for Goethe Institute examinations—standardized tests designed to demonstrate proficiency in German.
We typically administer these examinations twice a year. You need not be a Davidson student to register.
Examinations and Fees
The following examinations may be taken at Davidson. Numbers refer to recommended contact hours, defined as 45 minute teaching units.
- Goethe-Zertifikat A1 - 80-200 ($130)
- Goethe-Zertifikat A2 - 200-350 ($140)
- Goethe-Zertifikat B1 - 350-600 ($160; Einzelmodul $70)
- Goethe-Zertifikat B2 - 600-800 ($180)
Next Testing Dates
|Goethe-Zertifikat B1||9 a.m., Wednesday, Dec. 9, 2020||Dana 146|
|Goethe-Zertifikat B2||9 a.m., Saturday, April 4, 2020||Chambers 3209|
Make your check out to Davidson College and send form and check to the contact address below. You will receive electronic confirmation shortly after receipt of your letter. Please note that we are unable to refund your fee after the registration deadline.
Upon completion of the exam, allow six to eight weeks for your certificate to be delivered to the address specified on the registration form.
- Davidson College - maps and directions
- Prüfungsbeschreibungen - descriptions of Goethe Institute examinations
- CEFR rubrics - global competence levels and their corresponding Davidson courses
- Einstufungstest - which examination is right for you?
- For sample tests, visit the Goethe Institut
- For comprehensive information about all language exams that permit a Fachstudium in Germany, see the portal Sprachnachweis.de
German Studies Department
Davidson, NC 28035-6956