In order to facilitate registration, the German Studies Department asks that all incoming students interested in taking a basic level German course at Davidson take the online placement test.
It will take no more than 10 minutes to complete. First-year students are asked to take this test by June 17 in order to select the appropriate course level. If you are not a first-year student and would like to take the test, contact Prof. Burkhard Henke, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that no student can satisfy the language requirement solely by taking the test.
To take the placement test, do the following.
- Visit Davidson's Moodle site at moodle.davidson.edu.
- Log in using your Davidson network username and password (provided in your letter from Davidson T&I). If you have problems logging in, contact T&I Support Services.
- Under My Courses, click on "German Placement Test." If you don’t see it, enter “german placement” in the “Search courses” field and select it from the search results.
- Locate the grey gear icon at the top right. Click it, and from the menu select “Enroll me in this course.”
- In the “Enrollment key” field, enter "Deutsch-ist-gut", then click Enroll Me.
- Click “German Placement Test” to begin.
- Take the test, note your result, and enroll in a corresponding course
If your score places you above German 201, enroll in either German 250 or 260. If you do not wish to continue your study of German, you may schedule an interview with Prof. Henke at email@example.com to satisfy the language requirement that way.