We welcome students transferring to Davidson from other colleges or universities for both fall and spring semesters. Follow these step-by-step instructions to submit your transfer application.
The application deadline for the spring semester beginning in January is November 1, with notification of decisions in late November.
The priority deadline for application for the fall semester beginning in August is March 15, with notification of decisions by early June.
How to Apply
Submit the items below and the $50 non-refundable application fee to: Davidson College Admission and Financial Aid Office, Box 7156, Davidson, N.C., 28035-7156.
Davidson's CEEB number is 5150; our ACT number is 3086.
- Common Application
- Common Application Transfer Writing Supplement
- Final high school transcript (sent directly from your school)
- College transcript (sent directly from each college attended)
- Two Common Application Academic Evaluations (sent directly from recommender)
- Common Application Transfer College Report (sent directly from each college attended)
- SAT or ACT scores (sent directly to us from the testing agency unless recorded on your high school transcript)
- Peer Recommendation (Optional)
Davidson accepts transfer credits from other colleges and universities provided that:
- The college or university is approved by a regional accrediting agency
- Each transferred course is consistent with Davidson's academic objectives
- The grade earned is comparable to a Davidson grade of "C-" or better.
Credit for one full-academic year at another college or university is normally transferred as eight courses.
International Transfer Applicants
If you have attended college and earned credit toward an undergraduate degree, your application will be considered as a transfer application. At Davidson, the transfer admission process for international students is highly competitive and financial assistance is limited. International transfer students are eligible for mid-year and fall enrollment.
Non-native English speakers are strongly encouraged to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). TOEFL scores must be sent directly to Davidson by the testing agency.
Financial aid is available to transfer students. If you intend to apply for need-based financial assistance, your financial aid materials are due at the time you submit your application for admission. Davidson requires both the FAFSA and CSS Financial Aid PROFILE. Please note that merit scholarships are not available to transfer students.
Frequently Asked Questions
View questions commonly asked by transfer applicants.
If you have application questions, please email Dave Kraus, director of admission, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 800-768-0380.