As a Chicago Public School student, you may be eligible to receive the Charles Scholarship—an award honoring those with a record of academic achievement, personal accomplishment, and leadership ability.
Preference is given to traditionally under-represented students, particularly Latino and Hispanic students.
The Charles Scholarship provides funding that offers:
- Comprehensive cost of tuition, fees, room and board (approximately $65,819 for the 2018-19 academic year)
- Book and personal expense allowance
- Travel allowance (three roundtrips to Chicago)
- Special study opportunity funds
The scholarship is renewable provided you maintain the specified grade point average and meet requirements toward earning a degree.
- December 1- School nominations due
- January 6- Admission applications due
- February 1- FAFSA and CSS College Profile due
- March- Finalists participate in selection interviews in Chicago and winners are announced
- April- Winners are invited to campus for Celebration and Recognition Weekend
For questions related to the Charles Scholarship, please contact Gardner Roller Ligo, Director of Merit Programs.