Full cost awards for students from Chicago Public Schools.
As a Chicago Public School student, you may be eligible to receive the Charles Scholarship—an award honoring those with a record of academic achievement, personal accomplishment, and leadership ability. Preference is given to traditionally under-represented students, particularly Latino and Hispanic students.
The Charles Scholarship provides funding that offers:
- Comprehensive cost of tuition, fees, room and board (approximately $65,819 for the 2018-19 academic year)
- Book and personal expense allowance
- Travel allowance (three roundtrips to Chicago)
- Special study opportunity funds
The scholarship is renewable provided you maintain the specified grade point average and meet requirements toward earning a degree.
- December 1, School nominations due
- January 6, Admission applications due
- February 1, FAFSA and CSS College Profile due
- March, Finalists participate in selection interviews in Chicago and winners are announced
- April, Winners are invited to campus for Celebration and Recognition Weekend
Nominations may be submitted online.
Guidance counselors, heads of schools or principals, or college preparatory program representatives may nominate up to three students from their school or program. Our admission and financial aid staff may also nominate you based on the strength of your application for admission.
For questions or additional information, please contact:
Gardner Roller Ligo
Director of Merit Programs
- Charles Scholarship Brochure (PDF)
- Online Nomination Form