Lowell L. Bryan Scholarship
As a scholar athlete, you know the meaning of hard work and setting goals, and the importance of discipline and focus. You are as comfortable discussing literature, science, and art as you are in the pool, or on the court, the track or the field. That training has paid off.
You must be nominated by your school or by a member of the Davidson coaching staff to be considered for a Lowell L. Bryan Scholarship, an award for top scholar athletes, equivalent to full tuition and fees. The scholarship is renewable for the remaining three years of your Davidson career, provided you continue to play your eligible sport, maintain a specified grade point average, and meet requirements toward earning a degree.
One female and one male scholar athlete in each first-year class are awarded the scholarship.
To be considered, you must participate in an eligible sport:
- Men's Golf
- Men's and Women's Cross Country
- Men's and Women's Soccer
- Men's and Women's Swimming and Diving
- Men's and Women's Tennis
- Men's and Women's Track and Field
- Men's and Women's Indoor Track
- Women's Field Hockey
- Women's Lacrosse
- Women's Volleyball
Football and Men's and Women's Basketball are not sports eligible for the Bryan Scholarship.
- September 28- School nominations deadline
- October 15- Admission applications due by 5 p.m. EDT. This early completion date does not imply an Early Decision commitment to enroll at Davidson College.
- By November 1- Bryan finalist selection interviews
- By November 8- Bryan recipients announced
For questions related to the Bryan Scholarship, please contact our scholarships team.