We strongly encourage students to participate in a domestic immersion program or study abroad in a Russian-speaking country in order to achieve advanced proficiency.
Due to Russia’s ongoing war against Ukraine, Davidson no longer sends students to the Russian Federation for study abroad. Students have recently had excellent experiences studying in intensive Russian language programs in Kyrgyzstan, Armenia, and Kazakhstan.
Below you'll find recommended programs for Davidson students seeking summer, semester, academic year or post-graduation programs. Given U.S. strategic interest in Russia and Eurasia, several funded opportunities (CLS, Boren, Fulbright, and Peace Corps) complement the more traditional study-abroad offerings.
- Critical Language Scholarships (summer only)
- Middlebury Summer Russian School (summer only)
- SRAS in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan (summer, semester, or academic year)
- American Councils RLASP in Kazakhstan (summer, semester, or academic year)
- NSEP/Boren Scholarships and Fellowships (to fund study abroad or post-graduation research)
- Fulbright ETA awards (post-graduation)
- Peace Corps in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (post-graduation)
Please contact Prof. Amanda Ewington at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss possibilities for study in Russia and departmental credit toward the minor or major. Students planning to study abroad should then make an appointment with the Office of Education Abroad to learn about important internal Davidson deadlines and procedures.