We strongly encourage students to study abroad in Russia or a Russian-speaking country in order to achieve advanced proficiency.
Below you'll find recommended programs for Davidson students seeking summer, semester, academic year or post-graduation programs. Given U.S. strategic interest in Russia and the former Soviet Union, several funded opportunities (CLS, Boren, Fulbright, and Peace Corps) complement the more traditional study-abroad offerings.
- Middlebury programs in Russia (semester and academic year only)
- Bard Smolny (semester, academic year, and summer programs)
- Critical Language Scholarships (summer only)
- NSEP/Boren Scholarships and Fellowships
- Fulbright in Russia offers both ETA and Open Study/Research awards (post-graduation)
- Peace Corps in Ukraine (post-graduation)
Please contact Prof. Amanda Ewington at email@example.com to discuss possibilities for study in Russia and departmental credit toward the minor or CIS majors. Students planning to study abroad should then make an appointment with the Office of Education Abroad to learn about important internal Davidson deadlines and procedures.