South Asian Studies
The South Asian Studies Interdisciplinary Minor at Davidson
South Asian Studies is an interdisciplinary minor focusing on an important region of the nonwestern world including Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and the Maldives.
Almost twenty-five percent of the world’s people live in South Asia, and they offer us a rich tapestry of culture, history and socioeconomic contexts. The South Asian Studies program seeks to:
- Introduce and explore South Asia and its rich cultural heritage.
- Explore aspects that are distinctive to South Asia.
- Explore the linkages between South Asia and the rest of the world.
- Explore from multiple disciplines a diversity of themes focusing on South Asia.
- Facilitate a deeper understanding of at least one theme related to South Asia.
- Facilitate students gaining first-hand academic experiences in South Asia.
- Facilitate students learning South Asian languages.
Interested in South Asian Studies at Davidson?
Request Admission Info
Learn whether studying this program at Davidson is the right fit for you.
Connect with Davidson both in-person and virtually to give you a sense of all that Davidson offers.
Find out how to apply, dates and deadlines, and what you'll need to start your journey as a Davidson Wildcat.