Internships, Careers and Graduate School
Whether our graduates pursue graduate school here in the U.S., study or work abroad, or join the workforce, they routinely see outcomes that include international recognition.
- Multiple Fulbright scholars studying abroad
- Multiple U.S. State Department grant winners for critical language study
- Pulitzer Center Fellow
- Multiple recipients of our own Dean Rusk fellowships to study abroad in the Middle East
Our graduates are admitted to graduate programs throughout the world, and every kind of discipline, from law school at St. Johns, to a master's program in Middle Eastern Studies at Chicago University, to the London School of Economics.
In the Workforce
Our graduates work in every field, but popular choices include:
- Government funded agencies, lobbying groups, and think tanks including translator at the United Nations, Center for Strategic and International Studies and U.S. Army Intelligence
- Journalism/foreign correspondent including the Pulitzer Center of International Crisis Reporting. Another works as a freelance journalist in Cairo
- Teaching abroad and/or supporting higher education in Middle Eastern studies such as AMIDEAST. We have graduates teaching on scholarship in Morocco and in Egypt
No matter what path our graduates choose to take, they routinely find success. Our Arab Studies students frequently cite the language and cultural skills combined with the classic liberal arts training in research, critical thinking, and writing that they've learned here at Davidson. Visit our Arab Studies Graduates page for more information on careers that recent graduates have pursued.
Fellowships are competitive awards and programs that provide funding and other resources for meaningful immersive work, like research, teaching, or service. Like scholarships, fellowships can also support academic study.
These featured fellowships support a variety of experiences in and outside of the U.S. Interested candidates should contact Davidson’s Office of Fellowships to learn more about these fellowships and other programs.