Prelaw at Davidson
Because law schools seek those who have developed superior critical thinking, writing and argumentation skills, a wide variety of undergraduate majors at Davidson provide outstanding preparation.
Most disciplines include course work exploring the ways in which law interacts with the discipline in current social and economic contexts, and exposure to such courses may be instrumental in your decision. A strong liberal arts program emphasizing multiple disciplines and grounded in diversity has been instrumental in helping our graduates achieve success at the best law schools in the country.
Become Involved with Prelaw
The best way to find more information about law schools is to attend the law school admissions fair hosted by the Betty and B. Frank Matthews II ’49 Center for Career Development (Matthews Center) each November. For additional information regarding jobs, internships, events, alumni networking opportunities and resources in law and other career fields, be sure to check out Handshake. Places to access within Handshake include:
- Career Interests (found in drop down bar under your name). Check all of the descriptors that are applicable to you, including the Davidson Career Clusters. Doing so ensures you receive targeted event and opportunity emails from the Matthews Center, as well as tailors your Handshake profile to fit your specific professional interests.
- Resources (found in drop down bar under Career Center). Visit the relevant guides (especially the Law Career Resources section) and resources to navigate your career development as well as internship and job search.
- Jobs View jobs and internship opportunities. Visit frequently, as new positions are posted often.
- Events See what events the Matthews Center has planned for the semester. From law school admission representatives to those practicing law, there are fantastic opportunities to gain first-hand information about law school and the law profession.
- Appointments (drop down bar under Career Center). Use this avenue for scheduling an appointment with the prelaw adviser.
Law School Advising Contacts
Kelli Robinson (firstname.lastname@example.org), Prelaw Advisor/Assistant Director, Matthews Center
Interested in Prelaw at Davidson?
Request Admission Info
Learn whether studying this program at Davidson is the right fit for you.
Connect with Davidson both in-person and virtually to give you a sense of all that Davidson offers.
Find out how to apply, dates and deadlines, and what you'll need to start your journey as a Davidson Wildcat.