Internships, Careers and Graduate School
We are committed to advising students in identifying and choosing successful internship, graduate school, and career opportunities.
Explore the many resources available for economics students as they explore career paths from internships to fellowships and job placements to graduate school applications.
Our graduates pursue careers in a wide range of industries in public and private sectors. We focus on preparing students to think independently, frame complex problems to understand their essence, solve problems and lead with purpose in their professional lives. Examples of recent graduate placements include:
- Consulting: A.T. Kearney, Accenture Strategy, Analysis Group, Bain & Company, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, KPMG, McKinsey, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Finance: Bank of America, Merrill Lynch, BlackArch, BlackRock, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, Fidus Partners, Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, PNC, Piper Jaffray, RBC, SunTrust, UBS and Wells Fargo
- Health & Information Services: Carolinas Healthcare System, Epic Systems, iMedicare, Red Ventures
- Nonprofits: Teach for America, Together We Rise, Touch Foundation
- Policy: Congressional Budget Office, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, International Food Policy Research Institute, International Monetary Fund
- Real economy: Ferrari, GE Energy, Macy's, PepsiCo, Volvo, DuPont
The Economics Department prepares students for graduate-level study through rigorous coursework, high-level research and publication opportunities, and individual advising/guidance as they make plans for continued study. Our students leave Davidson with the skills and experience they need for success in graduate school and beyond.
Internships provide students opportunities to explore their interests in meaningful ways with real-word applications. Students participate in internships during the academic year and/or over the summer, domestically and/or abroad.
Fellowships are competitive awards and programs that provide funding and other resources for meaningful immersive work, like research, teaching, or service. Like scholarships, fellowships can also support academic study.
These featured fellowships support a variety of experiences in and outside of the U.S. Interested candidates should contact Davidson’s Office of Fellowships to learn more about these fellowships and other programs.