If you are interested in becoming a candidate for honors in theatre, you must apply in writing to the department by May 1 of your junior year. To qualify you must have:
- An overall GPA of 3.2
- A GPA of 3.5 in all course work taken in the major
- A completed application
Please keep in mind that acceptance to the honors program only ensures candidacy—honors are awarded by the faculty at the end of your senior year, provided you meet the following requirements.
- Take THE 499, the writing/production of a thesis, in addition to the 10 major courses
- Maintain your academic performance (3.2 overall GPA and 3.5 GPA in the major) until graduation
- Write an honors thesis that receives a grade of at least A-
- Receive approval from the thesis committee
Please consult with your academic adviser if you have further questions. Additional information about the theatre honors requirements is available in the College Catalog.