You can utilize these links to access resource guides, tutorials, Russian search engines, literature, newspapers, and magazines.
These links will help you practice your oral and reading skills, keep abreast of current events, and expand your knowledge of Russian culture.
- Грамота (in Russian) - searches across multiple dictionaries and includes a link for reader questions.
- Даль - the Russian equivalent of the OED, this dictionary is invaluable to students reading folklore or works from the 18th or 19th centuries.
Collections of lists divided into categories to help you find just the right site to suit your interest (everything from Russian folklore to food, music, dance, history, etc.)
- Duke Center for Slavic, Eurasian, and East European Studies
- Pittsburgh's Center for Russian, East European & Eurasian Studies
Web-based Tutorials and Study Tools
- AATSEEL's Index - links to numerous online study aids and grammar drills.
- LearningRussian.net - links to reference guides, grammar help, on-line dictionaries, and more.
- Russian Interactive Online Reference Grammar - by Robert Beard at Bucknell University, with grammar explanations, self-correcting exercises, and additional links.
- Don't Forget Your Russian - a handy new resource for keeping your Russian skills strong between semesters.
- Russian Grammar Channel on YouTube
- ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines for Russian
Russian Search Engines
- Bilingual Anthology of Russian Verse - includes biographical sketches of Russian poets and sound files of native speakers reciting many of the poems.
News, Newspapers, and Magazines
- Эхо Москвы - serious news and culture radio station in Moscow (closest thing to NPR in Russia)
- BBC Russian - BBC audio programs and articles in Russian
- Meduza - headquartered in Estonia to avoid pressures on media freedoms, covers news from Russia and the former Soviet Union in both Russian and English.
- Известия - Russian daily newspaper
- Литературная газета - a long-standing weekly newspaper for literary and cultural news.
- The Moscow Times (in English) - written and published in Moscow for the expatriate community.
Below you will find links for the major professional organizations for Russian and Slavic.