There are several ways the department engages students.
Omicron Delta Epsilon Honor Society
Omicron Delta Epsilon (ODE) is the international honor society in Economics. It was founded in 1963 and the Davidson chapter of ODE was inaugurated in 1966.
- Confer distinction for high scholastic achievement in economics
- Promote and stimulate interest in economic problems and issues
- Promote fellowship among students and faculty who share a common interest in economic analysis and policy
- Completion of 12 semester hours of economics courses
- Average grade of B in both economics courses as well as in all courses
- Local chapters can impose more stringent requirements and Davidson College has historically done so
For more information, visit the Omicron Delta Epsilon website.
The Economics Department presents awards to students to recognize achievement in areas of study and to support formal study, fieldwork and service.