Major and Minor
Educational Studies at Davidson
Our department prepares you to:
- Understand and apply multiple and conflicting perspectives on education and schooling;
- Understand how historical events, social forces, and moral principles related to democratic institutions can inform and direct schooling practice, leadership, and governance;
- Understand the full significance of diversity in a democratic society and how that bears on curriculum and instruction, school and community leadership, and state and national governance;
- Analyze critically both historical and current educational policies and practices at national, state, and local levels, and their impacts on teaching, learning, and the assessment of P-16 students.
- Prepare students who plan to enter graduate school in various education-related fields, such as school psychology, speech pathology, educational policy, education law, etc.
- Fulfill the needs of students who are interested in the academic study of educational history, sociology, psychology, theory, and policy.
Educational Studies Minor
The minor, offered by our department, can also fulfill your interest in the academic study of educational history, sociology, psychology, theory, and policy.
Educational Studies Interdisciplinary Major
An educational studies major is available through the Center for Interdisciplinary Studies.
Courses You Might Take
Related Academic Programs
Interested in Educational Studies at Davidson?
Request Admission Info
Learn whether studying this program at Davidson is the right fit for you.
Connect with Davidson
Experience the Davidson community—participate in a virtual visit!
Find out how to apply, dates and deadlines, and what you'll need to start your journey as a Davidson Wildcat.