Because law schools seek those who have developed superior critical thinking, writing and argumentation skills, a wide variety of undergraduate majors at Davidson provide outstanding preparation. Most disciplines include course work exploring the ways in which law interacts with the discipline in current social and economic contexts, and exposure to such courses may be instrumental in your decision. A strong liberal arts program emphasizing multiple disciplines and grounded in diversity has been instrumental in helping our graduates achieve success at the best law schools in the country.
Law Career News
For additional information regarding jobs, internships, events, alumni networking opportunities and resources in law and other career fields, be sure to check out Handshake. Places to access within Handshake include:
- Career Interests (found in drop down bar under your name). Check all of the descriptors that are applicable to you, including the Davidson Career Clusters. Doing so ensures you receiving targeted event and opportunity emails from the Center for Career Development, as well as tailors your Handshake profile to fit your specific professional interests.
- Resources (found in drop down bar under Career Center). Visit the relevant guides (especially the Law Career Resources section) and resources to navigate your career development as well as internship and job search.
- Jobs View jobs and internship opportunities. Visit frequently, as new positions are posted often.
- Events See what events the Center for Career Development has planned for the semester. From law school admission representatives to those practicing law, there are fantastic opportunities to gain first-hand information about law school and the law profession.
- Appointments (drop down bar under Career Center). Use this avenue for scheduling an appointment with the prelaw adviser.
Law School Advising Contacts
Kelli Robinson (firstname.lastname@example.org), Prelaw Advisor/Assistant Director, Center for Career Development
Sarah Phillips '01 (email@example.com), JD, Vice President and General Counsel, President's Office
Daniel Aldridge (firstname.lastname@example.org), JD, Associate Professor of History
John Wertheimer (email@example.com), Professor of History
Annual Law School Fair
The Center for Career Development hosts a law school admissions fair each November. See Law School Fair for more information.
American Bar Association Guide on Preparing for Law School
Advice on your undergraduate education and the skills, values and knowledge that you can acquire prior to law school that will provide a sound foundation for a legal education.