The Public Health Interdisciplinary Minor
The Public Health Interdisciplinary Minor promotes holistic and interdisciplinary understanding of public health.
It draws from the theoretical and methodological frameworks from diverse academic disciplines, highlighting biological, economic, ethical, psychological, and sociocultural dimensions of public health problems and strategies intended to address them.
The minor advances these learning objectives:
- Identify and describe major public health problems, important actors and institutions in public health, and the role of public health advocacy, programs, research, and policy in addressing public health problem.
- Explain how diverse disciplines, theories, and empirical methods are implemented in public health programs, research, and policy.
- Analyze how structural inequalities and biological, behavioral, cultural, economic, ethical, political, social, and economic factors and perspectives shape public health challenges and evaluate approaches to addressing them.
- Evaluate how public health challenges disproportionately affect marginalized and vulnerable groups and the potential of public health advocacy, research, programs, and policy to advance social justice and equity.
- Interpret ethical considerations of public health concepts and evaluate sources of information about public health, identify misinformation, and gain skill in effectively communicating accurate public health information to diverse audiences as part of PBH courses.
- Africana Studies
- Arab Studies
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science
- Gender and Sexuality Studies
- Educational Studies
- Environmental Studies
- Latin American Studies
Courses You Might Take
Interested in Studying Public Health at Davidson?
Request Admission Info
Learn whether studying this program at Davidson is the right fit for you.
Connect with Davidson both in-person and virtually to give you a sense of all that Davidson offers.
Find out how to apply, dates and deadlines, and what you'll need to start your journey as a Davidson Wildcat.