DegreeWorks is a web-based advising tool and electronic degree audit program that works with our existing Banner student system.
It allows a student and faculty adviser to login through Banner Self-Service and view up-to-date information about a student's progress towards graduation.
The student and adviser can see which distribution, major, and minor requirements have already been fulfilled and which ones still need to be completed. AP, IB, summer transfer credit, and study abroad credit will all be visible as well.
Department chairs and program directors have the ability to see degree audits for all students with majors and minors in their departments.
How do I Access Degree Works?
- Log in to Banner Self-Service at bannerweb.davidson.edu with your Davidson email through Single Sign-On (SSO). To do this, click the red button that says 'Login with Davidson Email.'
- Select 'Student Services and Financial Aid'
- Select 'Degree Works'
1. How do I access DegreeWorks?
When you login to Banner Self-Service, you will now see a new option for DegreeWorks. Click on the Student (tab) "Student Menu" DegreeWorks
2. What exactly is DegreeWorks?
DegreeWorks is a web-based advising tool and electronic degree audit program that works with our existing Banner student system. It allows a student and faculty adviser to login through Banner Self-Service and view up-to-date information about a student’s progress towards graduation. The student and adviser can see which distribution and major requirements have already been fulfilled and which ones still need to be completed. AP, IB, summer transfer credit, and study abroad credit will all be visible as well.
3. What if the information in DegreeWorks isn't up to date?
DegreeWorks data is refreshed nightly from the Banner Student Information System. Any modifications made to student data in Banner (i.e. change of major, change of grades, etc.) will be reflected in DegreeWorks within 24 hours. Also, there could be some paperwork that must be completed. For example, if a grade change is pending, it is possible the form has not reached the Registrar's Office. Check with the Registrar's Office if you have any questions.
4. Can my adviser see my What If scenario?
What If scenarios are not stored on DegreeWorks. Your adviser can only see your results if the two of you work through a What If process together.
5. Is DegreeWorks a transcript?
DegreeWorks is not a transcript and is meant for use within the college only as an advising tool.
6. A course I transferred should be counting toward my major. Why doesn't this information appear in my audit?
Any waivers, substitutions, or exceptions for major, minor or concentration requirements will be reflected in DegreeWorks after the appropriate department chair or director communicates the information to the Registrar's Office.
7. If I can see which classes I still need in DegreeWorks, do I still need to meet with my adviser?
8. What is a catalog year?
The catalog year determines which catalog/degree requirements students follow to obtain a degree. For example, a student starting at Davidson College in fall 2022 would follow the 2022-2023 Catalog requirements.
9. I have a double major and don’t see the requirements for both.
Scroll all the way down the page to make sure the second major isn’t listed below the first. If your second major is not there, contact the Registrar’s Office to make sure all paperwork is complete.
10. Who should I contact if I have questions about what I see on my specific Student Worksheet in DegreeWorks?
Email the Registrar's Office and mention DegreeWorks in your message.