The campus identification card is your official campus identification. The identification card may also be used to gain access to Baker Sports Complex and other sports facilities, to check out books in the Library and to attend many other college functions including athletic events. The ID card is also coded and used for access to many campus buildings.

You may also choose to make your ID a CatCard by setting up an account for inclining or declining balances. The CatCard can be used for purchases at Vail Commons, the College Store, Davis Café, Wildcat Den, Summit on Campus and vending.

Dependents of Employees

An employee's spouse and dependent children over the age of 16 may also obtain an identification card. The dependent's account can be linked to the employee's inclining or declining balance account at the employee's request. Dependents under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult while on campus.

To be considered an eligible dependent, an individual must meet ALL criteria as follows

  1. Be under the age of 25
  2. Live at home or claim employee's home as permanent residence
  3. Be claimed as a dependent by parents on IRS tax forms, and
  4. Be a full-time student

An eligible dependent with an identification card may use the card to gain access to sporting events, tennis courts, College Union, running trails, and golf facility without parental accompaniment. All dependents are required to have their identification cards with them at all times when on campus without their parent/guardian.

The campus identification card is issued by the CatCard Services Office, located in the Knobloch Campus Center, 2nd Floor Atrium. Call 704-894-2952 for additional information. The Human Resources office must acknowledge and approve employee and dependent eligibility before the CatCard Services Office issues an ID.

Dependent/Spouse CatCard Request

Questions regarding this policy should be directed to Human Resources at 704-894-2213.