HOV Driver Certification
In order to drive a Davidson College High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV), you must complete HOV certification training here on campus. Drivers must also meet Motor Vehicle requirements to drive any campus vehicle.
Drivers pursuing HOV certification to drive vehicles with more than seven passengers must follow these procedures:
- Complete the Motor Vehicle Record Form (DOC).
- Initiate the certification process by scanning or intra campus mailing the completed Motor Vehicle Record Form form to Jill Lowe at email@example.com.
- When a driver passes the Safe Colleges Driver test, Motor Pool will email the driver the upcoming dates for HOV vehicle training (see dates below)
- After passing HOV driver training and signing the Driver Agreement Form, the driver is authorized to drive an HOV
- Drivers must read the Motor Pool Guidelines to understand and comply with driver responsibilities
- Students must notify their faculty/staff sponsor of HOV driver authorization.
Driver certification is only required once during employment or enrollment.
Student Motor Vehicle Record checks will be conducted annually by Motor Pool Services. Email Jill Lowe at firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate the driver background check and begin the certification. Any violation of the Motor Pool Guidelines may result in a suspension or loss of privilege to drive a college vehicle.
HOV Driver Training Dates
All driver training sessions begin at 3 p.m. in the Baker Sports parking lot in the bay closest to Concord Road.
- Thu., August 26, 2021
- Wed., September 8, 2021
- Thu., September 23, 2021
- Tue., October 12, 2021
- Wed., October 20, 2021
- Thu., November 18, 2021