The college designates parking spots for students, visitors, handicapped drivers and staff.
Students, faculty and staff must register their vehicles with the Davidson College Police Department within 48 hours of arriving on campus and utilize the appropriate parking spots.
- Student parking spaces are marked with white lines.
- Employee parking spaces are marked with yellow lines.
- Visitor parking spaces are marked with red lines. Visitors should pick up a pass for extended visits.
- Students may park in employee parking areas after hours, from 6 p.m.-5 a.m. weekdays and from 6 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Mondays (except Vail Commons, which is a 24 hour lot).
- Any student vehicle parked in an employee spot after 5 a.m. on weekdays will be towed at the owner's expense.
- Students are not permitted to park in employee spaces during college holidays or breaks.
- Visitor spaces are closed at all times to students, faculty and staff.
- Parking is prohibited in loading zones, fire lanes, dumpster areas and on campus grounds/grass.
To park in handicapped parking spaces, a North Carolina handicapped license plate or a Davidson College-issued handicapped-parking permit must be displayed. Permits are available at no charge in the campus police office.
Motorcycles and like vehicles must be parked in regular vehicular parking spaces and must be registered with campus police within 48 hours of arriving on campus.
Loading/Unloading at Residence Halls
Parking around residence halls is restricted to loading and unloading on designated move-in/move-out days. Alert the campus police and obtain a special pass to avoid being ticketed or towed if unloading at other times than move-in and move-out.
Patterson Court Parking
Parking in the fire lane along Patterson Court is prohibited. To park briefly, get permission from the campus police office and you may not exceed 15 minutes parked.
The college reserves the right to remove from campus any vehicle that is illegally parked, non-registered or parked in such a way as to constitute a hazard, impede traffic, block the operation of emergency equipment or interfere with services.
Vehicle owners are required to pay all costs involved in the removing, impounding, and storing of their vehicles, and the college is not responsible for damages to, loss of, or theft from towed vehicles.
If your vehicle gets towed, the towing service used is:
Archer's Wrecker Service
433 South Main Street, Davidson, N.C. 28036
Any vehicle parked illegally on campus will receive a citation. Campus citation payments are processed through the college controller's office. (Note: A state-issued citation is separate from a campus citation and is recorded on your driving record and processed into the district court for disposition).
Registered vehicles will get a citation notification by email. Unregistered vehicles will have a citation placed on the window, Campus Police will not notify violators of a citation. Appeals must be made online within two weeks of receipt by logging in to your My Parking account. All appeal decisions are final.
The following reasons are not valid reasons to appeal a citation:
- Ignorance of parking rules/regulations
- Late for class
- Inclement weather
- Inability to find a legal parking space
The college is not responsible for the care and protection of vehicles parked on campus or their contents. Best safety practices include removing keys and valuables from the vehicle, securing items out of sight in the trunk, and locking it. Report any thefts to campus police immediately, by calling 911.