Our world is a dynamic place. Sustainability, then, is not an endpoint.
Rather, it is a thoughtful journey that honors the world we have inherited while seeking a just existence and future for all fellow travelers. As a liberal arts college, Davidson is perfectly suited to engage pressing questions of sustainability.
The Sustainability Office strategically bridges and guides the efforts of students, faculty, staff, and the greater community towards collective, significant impact.
- Build knowledge, values, and skills so students can fully participate in society as justice-oriented citizens
- Cultivate a community of practice so we can develop daily the behaviors and changes we wish to create in the world
- Develop campus facilities that serve as exemplars so others can learn about innovative sustainable systems and design
- Bridge campus, community, teaching, and research to leverage the assets of each in a mutually beneficial manner
- Enhance vocational preparedness so students can translate learning into a lifetime of leadership and service.
Yancey Fouché, M.S.
Director of Sustainability
- p: 704-894-3029
E. Craig Wall, Jr. Academic Building 181 Davidson, NC 28035
209 Ridge Road Davidson, NC 28035