Last Mile Fund
The Last Mile Fund is designed to financially support students as they complete their Davidson College degrees.
Funds are prioritized for seniors or former students needing winter or summer courses to graduate in May or August, then to non-seniors needing winter or summer courses to stay on track for graduation, and finally to students needing pre-requisite courses to stay on track for graduate program applications.
Funds may be used for tuition, fees, and books, but not housing.
How to Apply
- Complete the Application Form at any time during the year.
- Please keep in mind, however, that there are $20,000 in funds available per year and this may be exhausted.
- Applications for non-seniors may be deferred until senior need for summer term is known.
- The Last Mile Fund representatives, consisting of staff members from Financial Aid, Business Services, and the Registrar’s Office, will review applications on a rolling basis as they are submitted.
- Priority will be given to seniors or former students with financial need requiring courses to graduate.
- Secondary priority will be given to non-seniors with financial need requiring courses to stay on track for graduation.
- Finally, consideration will be given to students with financial need seeking additional courses for graduate school application requirements.
The Office of Financial Aid and Business Services will work together to determine financial aid eligibility, tax implications, and long-term funding. You are strongly encouraged to contact them at either 704-894-2208 or 704-894-2232.
- If approved, the student should submit all receipts for tuition, fees, and books to Donna Baysinger, in Business Services, at email@example.com.
- Once received, the student will receive a refund via direct deposit to their bank account.