To drive a vehicle from the motor pool, you must comply with all motor pool guidelines below.

  • College vehicles are to be used for official college business only.
  • Drivers shall report any accident immediately to the college motor pool and then complete the Accident Report Form found in the vehicle's key pouch.
  • Drivers of motor pool vehicles are subject to all federal, state, and local laws, speed limits, and other restrictions of the local jurisdictions through which they travel. Fines resulting from violations are the responsibility of the driver, not the college.
  • Authorized college employees or currently enrolled students must meet the following requirements to drive a motor pool vehicle:
    • Be at least 18 years of age
    • Have at least one year of experience in the class of vehicle operated
    • Have a valid driver's license issued in the state of residence for the class of the vehicle being operated and be able to drive a vehicle. Note: Obtaining a driver's license is a personal expense.


Drivers will not qualify for driving a college vehicle if, during the last 60 months, the driver has had any of the following:

  • Conviction of a felony
  • Conviction of sale, handling, or use of drugs
  • Automobile insurance canceled, declined, or not renewed
  • Conviction of an alcohol or drug-related offense while driving
  • Driver's license suspended or revoked
  • Conviction of three or more speeding violations or one or more other serious violation
  • Charged in two or more accidents

Drivers will receive a one-year suspension from driving a college vehicle for conviction of speeding 15 mph above the posted limit.


Drivers of high occupancy vehicles are required to complete a training session prior to use. All drivers follow these procedures.

Record Checks

State Motor Vehicle Records (MVRs) are the source of verifying driver history. MVRs are reviewed annually by Human Resources. Driving privileges may be withdrawn or suspended and/or college vehicles removed for any authorized driver not meeting the above requirements. Appropriate disciplinary action may also be taken.

Please Note: A Vehicle Request Form must be filled out by the requester and signed by the department head to reserve a vehicle. The reservation is not confirmed until the completed and signed form is received by the Work Order Desk at 209 Ridge Road (Warehouse/Shops building).