Davidson College students and employees receive a Davidson College identification card known as a CatCard. Your CatCard also provides you access to many Davidson College services.
The new chip-enabled CatCards for students, faculty and staff offer greater security, and support tap-and-go checkout. Although the new cards still have a mag-strip which can be used on many readers on campus, this will slowly phase out to chip-only readers.
The new card has an antenna embedded along the entire outside edge of the card, so don’t punch a hold in the card for a lanyard or damage it in any other way.
- Davidson College identification
- Building access to residence halls, some academic buildings, the fitness centers, etc.
- Dining card for all meal plans and vending machines
- Student sign up for meal plan
- Library card
- Printers and copiers throughout campus
- Declining balance card (debit card) to make purchases at the College Store, vending machines, tickets to sporting events, concerts, and theatre, and post office.
- Declining balance card at select locations around town
- CatCard charge privilege (PDF) for employees
New students may submit digital photos for their CatCard by logging in at Student Link and choosing "Upload Your Photo" from the left side menu. All photo requirements are described there. If for some reason you cannot submit the photo through this link, you may send a physical copy which is approximately 2” X 3”, showing only the student’s head and top of shoulders, with a solid, lightly-colored background to Davidson College, CatCard Services, P.O. Box 7160, Davidson, NC 28035-7160.
Lost or Stolen CatCards
Never share your CatCard with anyone. If your CatCard is lost or stolen, contact CatCard Services immediately to prevent the possibility of account fraud. Our office can help you replace your card and reinstate your service.
- p: 704-894-2951
Knobloch Campus Center
2nd Floor Atrium
M-F: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Box 7160 Davidson, NC 28035
209 Ridge Road Davidson, NC 28035