Fall 2020 Updates
As a safety measure, students will only have access to the residence hall in which they live this year. If you are an off-campus student you will not have access to any campus residence halls.
Further, with few exceptions, all buildings on campus will be in closed access mode requiring a CatCard for entry. Some academic buildings will be set in open access during peak pedestrian traffic.
Please plan to have your CatCard on you at all times!
Davidson College students and employees receive a Davidson College identification card known as a CatCard. Your CatCard also provides you access to many Davidson College services.
Fall 2020 New CatCard
The new chip-enabled CatCards for students, faculty and staff offer greater security, and support tap-and-go checkout. Although the new cards still have a mag-strip which can be used on many readers on campus, this will slowly phase out to chip-only readers.
The new card has an antenna embedded along the entire outside edge of the card, so don’t punch a hold in the card for a lanyard or damage it in any other way.
- Davidson College identification
- Building access to residence halls, some academic buildings, the fitness centers, etc.
- Dining card for all meal plans and vending machines
- Library card
- Printers and copiers throughout campus
- Declining balance card (debit card) to make purchases at the College Store, vending machines, tickets to sporting events, concerts, and theatre, and post office.
- Declining balance card at select locations around town
- CatCard charge privilege (PDF) for employees
Photos must be a color jpeg image, wallet sized, 2" x 3" (5 x 7.5 centimeters), and at least 300 dpi with a plain, light background. Photos should be a head and shoulders picture with no hats or sunglasses.
New students can submit their photo electronically to email@example.com or by physical mail to: Davidson College, CatCard Services, P.O. Box 7160, Davidson, NC 28035-7160.
Lost or Stolen CatCards
Never share your CatCard with anyone. If your CatCard is lost or stolen, contact CatCard Services immediately to prevent the possibility of account fraud. Our office can help you replace your card and reinstate your service.
- p: 704-894-2952
Knobloch Campus Center
2nd Floor Atrium
M-F: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Box 7160 Davidson, NC 28035
209 Ridge Road Davidson, NC 28035