You are allowed to transfer and count toward graduation a maximum of four course credits from Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) programs, AS and A-Levels and joint enrollment courses (college courses taken during high school, including the summer after high school graduation).
- If you qualify for more than four such credits, you choose which you want to apply. You make or change your selection by official notification to the Registrar's Office.
- No more than two of the pre-college credits may be applied toward Ways of Knowing requirements.
AP and IB
You must have received a score of 4 or 5 on an AP exam (3, in Calculus; 5, in History), or a score of 6 or 7 on an IB exam for credit at Davidson.
In many cases, the credit transfers with the same name and number as a Davidson course and serves as a prerequisite to other courses. Transfer equivalents information:
- AP transfer equivalents for students entering in 2015 or later.
- IB transfer equivalents for students entering in 2015 or later.
Cambridge International AS and A-Levels
Davidson College awards credit for A*, A, B, and C grades on AS and A-Level areas. In many cases, the credit transfers with the same name and number as a Davidson course and serves as a prerequisite to other courses.
- AS and A-Level equivalents for students entering in 2019 or later
Students entering prior to 2019 with qualifying grades in these courses should contact the Registrar’s Office for assistance.
Transferring Credit from a Joint Enrollment Course
- You must have received at least a C-.
- The course can't have been used to meet the requirements for graduation from high school.
- A maximum of two online and/or hybrid courses may be transferred. These courses must have involved ongoing interaction with instructors and not consisted solely of independent, self-paced modules.
Transfer evaluation of joint enrollment courses requires two items of documentation:
An official transcript from the college or university attended (not just the high school transcript).
- An official letter from the high school principal or guidance counselor confirming that the courses were not used to satisfy high school graduation requirements.
Please have the above documents sent to the Davidson College Registrar's Office. Electronic documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Paper documents should be sent to the address below.
Davidson, NC 28035-7154