Ergonomics is the science of designing the workplace to fit the needs of the user, resulting in higher productivity, avoidance of illness and injury risk, and increased job satisfaction.
As part of its commitment to educating and protecting members of the college community, the Environmental, Health and Safety Office (EHS) recommends the following ergonomics guidelines and information:
- Optimal desk posture and positioning
- Appropriate placement of accessories and desktop components
- Ergonomics self-evaluation and checklist
- Work process recognition and warning signs
- Lighting, ventilation and environment quick tips
For more information about the benefits of an ergonomic workspace, contact EHS Manager Allen Stowe at firstname.lastname@example.org.