The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program develops a community of future global leaders to address complex challenges through collaboration and innovation. The program seeks global leaders who “out-think,” “out-work,” and “out-care,” and looks primarily at three areas: independence of thought, purposeful leadership, and civic mindset.
Every year, up to 100 high-achieving students from around the world will receive full funding to pursue any graduate degree at Stanford, including the D.M.A., J.D., M.A., M.B.A., M.D., M.F.A, M.S., and Ph.D. programs, as well as joint- and dual-degrees. Knight-Hennessy Scholars is the largest fully endowed scholars program in the world.
- Class year: Seniors and alumni at the time of application who are applying to pursue an eligible graduate degree at Stanford University and current first-year PhD students at Stanford. You are eligible to apply to Knight-Hennessy Scholars if you apply during your final year of study for your first/bachelor's degree or within six years of earning your first/bachelor’s degree.
- Citizenship: The program encourages applications from citizens of all countries.
- GPA: No specific minimum but must be competitive for admission to a Stanford graduate program. Check admissions requirements for your chosen Stanford degree program.
Other eligibility guidelines:
- Candidates must apply separately to the Stanford graduate degree program they wish to pursue in addition to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program.
- The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program does not defer scholar offers.
Applying & Guidance
To be considered, you must apply to both the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program as well as for your chosen graduate degree program of study at Stanford University. Carefully review the Application Requirements on the Knight-Hennessy Scholars website. Knight-Hennessy Scholars will also accept endorsement from a candidate’s undergraduate institution.
Follow the instructions for submitting an application to Davidson's nominating committee and review application tips and resources in the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Application Toolkit (Davidson login required).
Schedule an Office of Fellowships advising appointment with Gaylena Merritt, Director of Fellowships, to discuss your candidacy.
Davidson Knight-Hennessy Scholars
2022 - AJ Naddaff '19