UK Summer Institutes
Fulbright UK Summer Institutes
The Fulbright UK Summer Institutes are immersive three- to four-week programs for American undergraduate students with little to no travel experience. Participants explore the culture and history of the UK while experiencing higher education at a UK university.
There are several UK Summer Institutes available every year. Each Institute is hosted by a different university, and each focuses on a specific historical or cultural context, or a subject or topic.
Please review complete eligibility requirements on the program website.
- Class year: Undergraduates who have at least two years of undergraduate study remaining after the Institute finishes
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizenship required
- GPA: Minimum 3.7
Other eligibility guidelines:
- Must have had no or very little study/travel experience outside of North America
- Must be at least 18 years old by the start of the program
- Must be able to participate in the program in its entirety
Applying & Guidance
Eligible applicants may submit applications directly to the Fulbright UK Summer Institutes program. Review application tips and resources in the Fulbright UK Summer Institutes Application Toolkit (Davidson login required).
Interested candidates must schedule an appointment with the Davidson College Office of Education Abroad to discuss international travel, potential credit opportunities, and submitting Davidson's summer study abroad program application.