All buildings on campus that store flammable liquids or other hazardous materials must submit an application for a hazardous materials permit through the Mecklenburg County Fire Marshal's Office each year.

Presently, hazardous materials permits are obtained the first quarter of each year for the following buildings: Visual Arts Center, Wall Academic Center, Watson Life Sciences and Dana Science Buildings, Baker Sports Complex and Physical Plant Warehouse. A detailed list of the name of each chemical, the amount, and location must be supplied with each application.

Hazardous materials permits are maintained through the Environmental, Health and Safety Office. Please contact Allen Stowe at 704-894-2929 or regarding any questions pertaining to hazardous material permits.