Climate Action Plan
Davidson College Climate Action Plan 2021–2026
Building on the 2010 Climate Action Plan (CAP), the 2021–2026 CAP intentionally focuses on curbing Davidson’s institutional greenhouse gas emissions that drive climate change.
Recommendations to achieve a 50 percent reduction in campus emissions over the next five years (*relative to the FY2008 baseline):
- Expand electricity from renewable sources
- Continuously improve energy management
- Manage emissions from campus boiler plant
- Acknowledge and address education abroad emissions
- Develop a program for responsible institutional air travel.