Davidson College is approved by the State of North Carolina to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA).

The State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements provide a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education.

Colleges and universities offering distance education courses or programs are required to provide current and prospective students with the contact information for filing complaints with the educational institution, with its accrediting agency, and with the state agencies that handle complaints in students’ states of residence.

Davidson College Complaint Policy and Procedures

Davidson College students who wish to resolve a student complaint should follow the college’s Student Grievance procedures. The Dean of Students Office will provide guidance if students have questions about these procedures.

Dean of Students
Box 7179 Davidson, N.C. 28035

North Carolina Post-Secondary Education Complaint Information

If the grievance cannot be resolved within the college, students may contact the North Carolina Post-Secondary Education Complaints Unit, which serves as the official state entity to receive complaints concerning post-secondary institutions that are authorized to operate in North Carolina. After reviewing the complaint policy, students can complete a complaint form online or via mail at:

North Carolina Post-Secondary Education Complaints
c/o Student Complaints
University of North Carolina System Office
223 S. West Street, Suite 1800
Raleigh NC 27603

Post-Secondary Education Complaints in North Carolina

Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges Student Complaint Information

In the event that a complaint still has not been satisfactorily addressed, a complaint may next be filed with the university’s accrediting agency. Davidson College is accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award bachelor’s degrees. After reviewing the complaint policies, procedures, and form, complainants may contact SACSCOC at:

1866 Southern Lane
Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097

State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement – North Carolina Complaint Information

Students may also contact the offices of the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement–North Carolina (SARANC) via the North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority (NCSEAA), North Carolina’s portal entity for the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA). Upon reviewing the complaint process, students may complete the complaint form and submit it either via complaint@saranc.org or to:

SARA North Carolina Director
P.O. Box 41349
Raleigh, NC 27629
855-727-2162 (toll free)
919-248-4667 (local)
919-248-6667 (fax)

State-By-State Complaint Information and Lead Contacts

Students may also be able to pursue a complaint via agencies in their states of residence. Refer to the below list of contact information for details.

State-By-State Contact Information (PDF)

Professional Licensure

Davidson College does not offer any degree programs that lead to professional licensure.