Confined Space Entry Program
Confined Space Entry Program & Permit (PDF)
Establishes a system for the identification and documentation of confined spaces on campus in order to make an evaluation of the hazard potential associated with each space and develop safe entry/exit procedures.
Confined spaces are defined as having limited or restricted means of entry or exit, and are large enough to accommodate a person, but not designed for continuous occupancy. The objectives of a Confined Space Entry Program are to:
- Prevent employee injury, illness or death resulting from hazards associated with confined space.
- Identify and evaluate confined spaces before entry.
- Identify and understand confined space hazards.
- Develop techniques to control confined space hazards.
- Prepare emergency rescue and other contingency plans.
- Comply with regulatory requirements.
The goal of this program is to meet the above objectives and to comply with regulatory requirements as set forth by OSHA.