Golf Cart Safety
Various departments and individuals are permitted to use golf carts to transport people and items across campus. Follow these guidelines to ensure the proper safety and use of golf carts:
- All North Carolina traffic laws shall be obeyed.
- The most common golf cart accidents are roll overs and ejection, therefore golf cart speed should not exceed 10-15 mph. Avoid make sharp turns.
- Operators of golf carts must possess a valid driver's license.
- Pedestrians have the right-of-way on all walkways on campus. Stay as far to the right as possible on roadways.
- Carts operated after dark must have lights capable of illuminating an area twenty feet in front of the vehicle.
- The number of manufacturer-installed seats determines the number of passengers that may safely ride on a golf cart with only one passenger per seat.
- The operator of a vehicle is responsible for securing it to a non-movable object with a chain and lock after each use.
- Parked carts must not block sidewalks or entrances to buildings.
- Carts used for campus purposes may not leave college property.