Form 1098-T Online Instructions
You may receive your 1098T Tuition State Tax Form electronically by following our instructions.
The benefits to receiving electronic notification are:
- Receiving the 1098T earlier than the traditional mailing process
- Less chance that the 1098T will get lost, misdirected, or delayed during delivery
- Receiving 1098T form even while traveling or on assignment away from your home address
- Students: Log in to Banner Self-Service. Parents: Log in to Parent Portal.
- Sign up for electronic tax documents by entering your student ID number, name, and an email address to gather your consent for receiving an electronic 1098T Form. The site is secure and your personal information will not be shared.
- Read information, check the box and click submit.
Please note that per IRS guidelines, a 1098T form is generated only when qualified charges are larger than scholarships or grants. Qualified charges include tuition and activity fees; personal expenses such as room and board, or student health insurance are not considered qualified expenses. If your charges are not higher than scholarships and/or grants, you will not receive a 1098T.
1098T forms will not be generated for graduated seniors in the calendar year of graduation as qualified charges were billed in the prior calendar year.