We follow the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) standards and protocols for the collection and dissemination of graduating student initial career outcomes information for undergraduates.
We began collecting this NACE information with the class of 2014. The outcome categories include the following.
- Full-Time, Career-Related Employment: Working for 30 hours or more per week
- Part-Time, Career-Related Employment: Working fewer than 30 hours per week
- Self-Employed: Started a business, or working for one organization on a specific project that has a limited time frame and will not result in future employment
- Post-Graduate Internship: Engaged in a short-term, experiential work experience
- Volunteer Service: Participating in a volunteer or service program (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, mission work)
- Military Service: Serving in the U.S. Armed Forces
- Continuing Education: Attending graduate school or other specialized post-graduate training
- Seeking Employment: Seeking employment or engaged in the job-search process
- Seeking Continuing Education: Seeking and have not yet enrolled in a program of continuing education
- Not Seeking Employment or Continuing Education: Choosing not to pursue either employment or continuing education at this time
- No Information Available: Have not responded to efforts to obtain information about post-graduation career plans