Career Exploration and Assessment
The Center for Career Development offers individual career advising and career assessments for all students.
With in-depth assessments and advising, including virtual appointments and full-day walk-in hours with professional staff advisers, and a highly sophisticated suite of online platforms and resources, the CCD is always accessible to support students and alumni as they explore, develop and launch their career journeys with success.
Working with a career adviser can help you:
- Select a major
- Investigate ways to apply your major to a career
- Discuss your ideas and concerns about career-related issues
- Learn how to conduct a professional internship, research, job or fellowship search
- Create a targeted resume
- Develop effective interviewing techniques
- Prepare for graduate and/or professional school
- Explore post-Davidson experiences
The resources in Handshake can assist you with this process as well.
Career exploration is the process of examining who you are and then determining how you want to express that self-knowledge in the professional world. Career Advisers can show you the wide range of career assessments we offer that help you determine your:
- Existing skills versus skills you may want to develop
- Interests and how they relate to the working world
- Natural talents and learn to develop them into strengths
- Personal values and how to incorporate them into your work and lifestyle
- Individual personality characteristics and how they support the types of work you may enjoy
Career assessments are given at the discretion of the career advisers, and include the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), StrengthsFinder, and the Strong Interest Inventory (SII). Schedule an appointment through Handshake.
Meet with a Career Adviser One-on-One Career Advising
Benefit from an array of in-depth and personalized sessions with our career advisers, available from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday.