Martin Court Procedures
Students living in Martin Court must abide by the rules and polices governing the complex.
Any Martin Court resident locked out of their room or apartment during college business hours (9 a.m.- 5 p.m. Monday-Friday) must go to the Residence Life office to borrow a lock-out key or CatCard. Please note that any lost keys will require Physical Plant to re-core the room and cut new keys at a charge of $40 to the resident.
After Business Hours
The RA on duty (704-975-0217) provides lockout assistance at night (5 p.m. - 2 a.m.) and on the weekends (9 a.m. - 2 a.m.). Lock-outs occurring between 2 a.m. - 9 a.m. should be directed to Campus Police (704-609-0344).
Items Not Allowed in Martin Court
- Halogen lamps
- Upholstered patio furniture
- Extension cords
- Candles, incense and other items that burn
- Your own bed
- Pets (other than fish tanks 10 gallons or less)
- More than one micro-refrigerator in one apartment
- All college-owned furniture must remain in your apartment at all times.
- Bikes left on patios or in stairwells risk being confiscated by campus police or the Davidson Fire Marshall. Leave your bike locked to a bike rack or store it in your apartment.
- Plywood tables used for party games left on porches risk being confiscated by Campus Police or the Davidson Fire Marshall. Tables must be moved back into your apartment when not being used.
- All residents are responsible for purchasing their own cleaning supplies and toilet paper. Bring your own toilet plunger, broom and vacuum.
- Do not leave bags of trash outside your apartment. Place all trash directly in the dumpsters.
Quick and easy tips for keeping your apartment clean and passing Health and Safety inspections:
- Use aluminum foil to line the stove-top burners.
- Clean the inside of your oven with oven cleaner.
- Use Soft Scrub for sinks, showers, and counter tops.
- Use shower sprays after showering to maintain cleanliness and make the next cleaning easier.
- Wash shower curtain in the washing machine and hang back up to dry, monthly, to avoid mildew.
- Mop all of your tiled floors weekly.
- Put away food, clean up food particles and take out your trash to avoid ant and rodent problems.
- Sweep porches and keep clean from debris. Trash on porches and first floor containers attracts skunks and other rodents; place all your trash in the dumpsters.
- Bring a toilet plunger.
The above is not an exhaustive list. For a complete list of items not allowed in the residence halls and apartments, please see the student handbook.