Lula Bell's Resource Center
Lula Bell's is a resource center for students and an example of the college's commitment to provide the full Davidson experience for all students.
The Lula Bell Houston Resource Center supports student success and wellbeing by increasing access to important resources. Lula Bell's offers a variety of resources available for any current student who needs them. Programming in the space focuses on life skills for all students on topics ranging from financial literacy to systemic social issues. Lula Bell's is designed to feel like a home where everyone is welcome. For information on services and upcoming events, current students should visit our WildcatSync portal.
- Food and hygiene products: Students can shop once per week as needed for a variety of fresh, frozen, and shelf-stable food items as well as toiletries and personal care items. Menstrual products are also available as needed.
- Business clothing: Students may borrow items for interviews and career-related activities.
- Winter clothing: Jackets, gloves and hats will be available during the cooler months.
- Academic resources: Students can request support with textbooks, access codes, calculators, and more. The center also has a collection of test prep books (MCAT, LSAT, GRE, etc.) available for students to borrow.
- Cooking Equipment: A variety of pots, pans, bakeware, and utensils are available for students to rent free of charge.
- Programming: The resource center aims to meet the needs of all students, and programming will focus on topics relevant to a college student—now and into the future.
Lula Bell's is made possible through the generosity of Decker Anstrom and Sherry Hiemstra in memory of their son Tom Anstrom, a member of the Class of 2004, who loved Davidson and who believed that every student should have the opportunity to take full advantage of all Davidson offers.
For more information about volunteer opportunities or the resources provided by Lula Bell's, email email@example.com.