Teaching, Learning & Research Technologies
Technology & Innovation (T&I) supports computers and software installed in classrooms and labs and coordinates technical support with service providers for Davidson’s teaching and learning tools.
We provide licensed software for academic use, and oversee the procurement of new software. For faculty and students, the library’s Digital Learning team provides consulting and training for various tools.
Technology in Classrooms
T&I supports the technology equipment in classrooms. We engineer and design classroom systems to meet instructors’ needs. Configurations vary from classroom to classroom—contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to confirm equipment in a particular classroom. Classroom equipment may include:
- Touchpad to control room electronics (lighting, computer, audio, projector, and screen) equipped with a Help button to request T&I assistance during business hours
- Computer with mouse, keyboard, monitor, plus optical disc drive (DVD/CD drive)
- Audio/video adapter cables (HDMI, etc.) to connect to mobile device(s)
- Wireless streaming capabilities
- Document camera
- DVD player
- Mobile technology classrooms
For faculty research, T&I provides consulting and system administration for high-performance computing clusters.