Once you find a job, there are certain forms that need to be filled out before starting work at Davidson.

These forms must be completed before you are eligible to begin work. This paperwork is required for all students regardless of how you got your job. The good news is that once you have completed the forms, you will not have to fill them out again during your time at Davidson.


You will need to stop by the Human Resources Office to complete these forms.

  • USCIS Form I-9: This document is the Department of Homeland Security's Employment Eligibility Verification. This form must be filled out in person with a staff member in the Human Resources Department. You do not need to print this document.  You will be given one when you stop by Human Resources.
  • Students must present physical, authentic proof of identification when they complete their I-9's. Also, the identification documents cannot be copies or expired; only original, current documents are accepted. These documents are required to verify both the student's identity and employment eligibility. View the Federal Government's list of acceptable documents (PDF).
  • E-Verify: Davidson College participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from your I-9 Form, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
  • Direct Deposit Instructions: At Davidson, all employees including students are paid via direct deposit. Students must complete the Direct Deposit Enrollment in Banner Self Service. To do this, you will need your bank name, bank routing number and personal account number (this is not the number on the front of your ATM card).
    Note: For students who would like to set up a local account, representatives will offer their services on campus during orientation.
  • Federal Tax Form - W-4
  • NC State - NC-4
  • Background Check: In some instances, your job or community service opportunity will require you to work with minors. If so, you will also need to complete a background check in addition to the paperwork listed above. If a background check is required, you will be contacted by email to complete the form.