Cable TV And Campus Movies
Davidson provides a standard cable television hookup in all residence hall rooms, apartment living rooms and hall lounges. CAT-TV includes 121 channels, with some of them high-definition.
Connecting Your TV
Each residence hall room has one cable TV hook-up. If you live in a suite or an apartment, only the common area is activated for cable with the exception of Tomlinson Hall pods, in which both the rooms and common area have hook-ups.
To connect your TV for the first time on campus, you will need to provide a standard coaxial (coax) cable, available at the college bookstore, and a digital television. The college does not provide either of these items to students.
- Connect one end of the coax cable to the wall outlet (generally located in the same place as your Ethernet connection)
- Connect the other end to your television.
- Plug in your TV and turn it on.
- Set up your TV. One of the most important steps in this process is to change your input to cable and to run an automatic channel search.
- After the channel search is complete, tune your TV to one of the available channels to ensure it is working properly.
Report a Problem
For cable outages and problems with your individual connection, contact RLO@davidson.edu.