VA Yellow Ribbon Program
Davidson College participates in the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program).
The Yellow Ribbon Program applies to tuition and mandatory fees. The Post-9/11 GI Bill® provides for room, board, books and supplies separately. Eligibility is determined by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
Yellow Ribbon Eligibility Requirements
- Served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months
- Honorably discharged from active duty for a service-connected disability and served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001
- Dependents eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran's service under the eligibility criteria listed above
- Eligible students who have accepted their admission to the college should immediately notify the Registrar's Office of their eligibility and interest in participating. Participation is limited to 16 students and awarded on a first come, first served basis.
- Eligible students should apply for benefits with the Department of Veterans Affairs under the Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33).
- Upon notification of acceptance by the VA, the student should forward his or her Certificate of Eligibility to the Registrar's Office.
Award Matching and Waiting List
Davidson will contribute $10,000 per year to students determined to be eligible for the VA Yellow Ribbon award. College matching funds will be awarded when the student's Yellow Ribbon payment is received from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Awards will continue as long as the student remains enrolled in good standing and maintains satisfactory academic progress. Participating students that withdraw from the college and are later readmitted will only be able to participate if space is available. If space is not available, students will be added to the waiting list.
When the program capacity has been reached, the Registrar and Certifying Official reserve the right to maintain a waiting list of interested students. Waiting list hierarchy is based upon the date that the Registrar's Office receives notice that an eligible student has accepted his or her admission and is interested in participating.
The Registrar's Office must receive a copy of the student's eligibility letter in order for his or her enrollment to be reported to the VA.
Contact Associate Registrar Marcia Stoutjesdyk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704-894-2799.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government VA website.