Each session of Service Odyssey will include opportunities to serve, learn, and explore the Davidson and greater Charlotte area.
About Service Odyssey
Service Odyssey is an immersive community engagement experience. As a participant, you will have the opportunity to engage in service opportunities with community partners from the Lake Norman and greater Charlotte areas while learning about social issues that impact these communities. Each day, you will critically reflect on service and educational materials related to the social issue in focus. You will also take time to explore cultural attractions in the area and develop relationships with your peers.
June 26-July 2, 2022
- July 10-16, 2022
- August 16-22, 2022*
*International students and students participating in another pre-orientation program will be given priority for session three.
Space is limited, so we encourage students to register as soon as they are able. We will begin sending out information about financial aid and travel reimbursement in April. Once you register, we will email you to confirm your spot in a session.
Register by May 6
- Register by May 20
(Currently has a waitlist)
- Register by June 17
Fees & Financial Aid
Cost: $200 (robust financial aid available)
Although there is a cost to the Service Odyssey program, we offer financial aid for the cost of the program. Any incoming student receiving financial aid to attend Davidson can receive aid for Service Odyssey.
What to Expect from Your Experience
- Spend several hours each day completing service projects, engaging with community and nonprofit leaders, and learning about important social issues
- Engage with educational materials that deepen our understanding of our issue in focus as we reflect daily on our experiences
- Visit cultural attractions and explore the Lake Norman and Charlotte areas during free time
- Connect with other incoming Davidson students and our returning-student trip leaders
- Lodging facilities are usually local churches or campus facilities where we can gather each evening to cook dinner, play games, and continue building community together
Please contact Elayna Coleman, Assistant Director for Civic Engagement, with any questions about Service Odyssey.