Awards and Memberships
Davidson College is committed to assisting students in developing humane instincts and discipline and creative minds for lives of leadership and service. The library staff are crucial partners in the college’s commitment to carrying out this mission, and honored to receive the following awards of recognition:
- The Davidson College Library is the proud recipient of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) 2021 Excellence In Academic Libraries Award.
- Kelly Denzer, Collections Strategist and Discovery Librarian, received a 2021 Emerging Leader Award from the Society of Scholarly Publishing.
Memberships and participation in organizations around the globe are vital to our ongoing success. The Davidson College Library is currently involved in the following organizations and initiatives:
- Atla promotes worldwide scholarly communication in religion and theology by advancing the work of libraries and other information providers.
- Carolina Consortium is a large group of diverse libraries, spanning two states and working together to save hundreds of millions of dollars on a wide variety of library resources and services.
- Center for Research Libraries is an international consortium of university, college, and independent research libraries. CRL supports original research and inspired teaching in the humanities, sciences, and social sciences by preserving and making available to scholars a wealth of rare and uncommon primary source materials from around the world.
- Eastern Academic Scholars' Trust (EAST) is the collaborative effort of a large group of academic and research libraries to document, protect, and provide long-term access to their print collections. As of March, 2021, EAST has 82 member institutions in 13 states from Maine to Florida, EAST is focused on retaining unique, scarcely held, and frequently used scholarly books and journals in support of scholarship, research and teaching.
- EdX is a mission-driven, open online course provider. The library works with cross-campus panthers to support the college’s commitment to educational access via participation in the Davidson EdX online learning initiative.
- HathiTrust is a partnership of academic and research institutions, offering a collection of millions of titles digitized from libraries around the world.
- Information Delivery Services (IDS) Project is a mutually supportive resource-sharing cooperative whose 120 members include public and private academic libraries from across the country, the New York Public Library, and the New York State Library.
- Knowledge Unlatched is an organization that offers an opportunity for libraries and publishers from around the world to work together to create a sustainable route to Open Access for scholarly books and journals in the Humanities and Social Sciences and Science, Technology, Engineering and Medicine.
- Liberal Arts Collaborative for Digital Innovation (LACOL) leverages the power of consortial relationships to promote excellent and innovative teaching, learning, and research in the liberal arts, with a special emphasis on utilizing and adapting emerging technologies.
- Lever Press is a digitally native, open access, peer-reviewed press for works on the academic subjects of the liberal arts. Lever Press originated from an initiative of the Oberlin Group of Libraries and is governed by participating members. Lever Press is a member of the Association of University Presses.
- Lyrasis is an organization created by its members to help libraries, archives and museums tackle wide-reaching challenges with a collective strength, including: the development and selection of new technology solutions; fostering community-wide projects that help deliver better outcomes and services; content creation, acquisition and management; support for new content models and strategies; and large-scale knowledge management programs unique to collections-holding institutions.
- North Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities (NCICU) Library Collaborative is a consortium of libraries who have partnered together to expand and deepen collaboration among library staff members.
- NC Live is North Carolina’s statewide library cooperative, supporting 200+ public and academic libraries across North Carolina. Since its founding in 1997, NC LIVE has saved the state millions through innovation and collaborative efforts.
- Oberlin Group of Libraries is an organization made up of leading liberal arts colleges in the United States, with the primary purpose of providing a forum for member directors and staff to discuss issues of common concern, to share accomplishments and information on best practices in library operations and services, and to help members anticipate and adapt to the challenges of college library administration and liberal arts education.