Experience Required Campaign
Experience Required. Find One. Form One. Fund One.
At Davidson College, we believe in the power of hands-on learning, inside and outside of the classroom.
High impact experiences, such as community-based learning, full-time employment, internships, research, study away and team-based projects, provide platforms for students and graduates to put their academic knowledge and personal values to work. These experiences allow students to develop critical skills, share those skills with communities in need, and witness cultural influences at work—all of these things prepare students for lifetimes of leadership and service.
Contribute to the Campaign
You can contribute to the Experience Required Campaign in any of the following ways:
Find an experience or full-time position, and help give Davidson students the best possible chance of securing it. To do this, provide us with pertinent details about the opportunity and do one or both of the following:
- Serve as a resource for students applying for the experience or position by reviewing application materials, and/or helping with interview prep; and/or
- Take an active role in facilitating Davidson student applications through your organization’s hiring process (this could include talking to your HR department about Davidson, interviewing on campus, or referring students for opportunities).
Example experiences needed:
- Year-round internships and full-time positions in all industries and sectors. Learn where our graduates go after Davidson.
- Individual or team-based projects with specific deliverables.
Form an opportunity by creating or helping to arrange an experience or full-time position specifically for a Davidson student. Provide us with the details and we’ll connect you with the proper campus contact.
Example experiences needed:
- Mentorship opportunities to support students as they explore entrepreneurial avenues while at Davidson.
- Year-round internships and full-time positions that are open to international applicants.
Fund an experience by making a gift, and make a student’s experiential learning goals a reality. Make a gift and select a specific use for your funds.
Funding is needed for:
- Unpaid or low-paying internships and fellowships across all industries and sectors (for-profit and not-for-profit).
- Summer scholarships for the Davidson in Silicon Valley program through Adjacent.
- Sponsoring student research and creative works through the Davidson Research Initiative (DRI).
- Grants for students applying to summer or winter education abroad and other intercultural learning opportunities.
- Failure Fund micro-grants for students to test new entrepreneurial ideas.
Finding or forming an experience or full-time position does not suggest that you are guaranteeing an opportunity to a Davidson student. While we are hoping that Davidson applicants will be considered carefully through the selection process, we understand that in almost all circumstances organizations will be considering applications from other students and schools as well.
Without a Davidson grant, I could not have done the work I did. It was an incredible privilege to be able to go to New York City and work to change the lives of so many without having to work for pay. It was a privilege not lost on me.