E. Craig Wall Jr. Academic Center
Located at 325 Concord Road, the E. Craig Wall Jr Academic Center opened for classes on August 22, 2016.
A LEED Gold certified facility, the Wall Academic Center features teaching laboratory spaces for classroom experiments and group investigations, research labs for independent faculty research and student collaboration, faculty offices for the departments of biology, chemistry, psychology, neuroscience, and environmental science, shared faculty and student common areas to facilitate both formal and information learning, and open forum space that provides a gathering place for the campus community and encourages collaboration among faculty, students, and staff.
Facilities by the Numbers
The Wall Center is expansive, impressive and a stunning addition to Davidson College. Here are a few fun facts about the space:
- 149,000: square footage
- 1,231: students enrolled in the 62 courses offered this semester
- 1,000: workers who participated in the construction of the center
- 150: people who can sit in the forum
- 49: faculty offices
- 36: research labs
- 21: months of construction on two wings
- 20: teaching labs
- 16: academic disciplines represented
- 5: learning environments
- 1: transformative space that exemplifies liberal arts education for the 21st century
The E. Craig Wall Jr Academic Center is located at 325 Concord Road. Parking is available along Concord Road, Faculty Drive, and in visitor parking at Baker Sports Complex.